Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cold Temps + Rest + Motivation = PR!

Yesterday was incredible, forget the fact that I was able to get outside and climb on a tuesday of all days, and the rain that was forecasted never showed, and had everyplace we went all to ourselves...I was the fact that yesterday was the breakthrough of a new grade I've been working/waiting for. I did my first V7, a short powerful problem called Raw Meat. I got it within 5-10 goes. On top of that it required me to throw to a hold with my right hand and use the fingers that I've been letting heal up. Then later on I got my second V7, croaker's crack, in about the same number of tries at a different area called lost cove. The best part is that neither of them were that bad. It had a pretty scary topout but I don't think that I even thought about it until I was at the top and it was done. I also got to scope out some projects that may go this season but we'll have to see. Needless to say I'm still really pumped especially since it had no negative effects on my fingers. I'm going to keep moving forward with my training especially since it keeps me on track and holds me accountable. I have a lot of processing to do in relation to yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the PR's. Any DL tips for me?